Our standard terms and conditions apply to all advertisements placed with Attain, either for publication in print or display online through any of our website channels.
1. These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication. Any other terms proposed shall not be valid unless specifically accepted in writing by the publisher.
2. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, 'advertiser' shall refer to the advertiser, and of its employees or its agent, whichever is the principal.
3. All advertisements are accepted subject to the publisher's approval of the copy and the space being available.
4. The publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time and for any reason. If the publisher exercises its right under this clause, any claim on the part of the advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall not be entertained.
5. If the publisher considers it necessary to modify the space, change the date of publication or make any other alteration, the advertiser will have the right to cancel if the modifications, alterations or changes proposed are unacceptable, unless such alterations are due to circumstances beyond the publisher's control, in which case the advertiser will not have the right to cancel.
6. Every care is taken to avoid mistakes. The publisher accepts no liability however for any errors, omissions or inaccurate copy instructions on the part of third parties or subcontractors. It will not compensate for advertisements which do not comply with the specifications.
7. The advertiser warrants that its advertisement does not contravene any English law nor is it in any way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party's rights or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising and Sales Promotion.
8. The advertiser will indemnify the publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the publisher arising from or in relation to the advertisement. The publisher will consult the advertiser as to the way in which such claims are to be handled.
9. Any sums due will be invoiced by the publisher directly to the advertiser and must be paid within 14 days of the invoice date.
10. Charges will be made to the advertiser (a) where reproduction work is involved or (b) where the printer is involved in extra production work arising from acts or omissions of the advertiser. These charges will be at the standard rate of £75 per hour.
11. If an advertiser wishes to cancel or reduce the size of an advertisement, it will be liable for the total cost of the original booking, unless 28 days' notice is given before the final artwork deadline.
12. Any discount applied when booking a series of adverts is contingent upon the whole series of bookings. If an advertiser wishes to cancel any adverts in a series, after one or more adverts has already been published, the discount must be repaid to the publisher in full within 14 days of the cancellation.
13. If print-ready artwork, prepared to the correct specification, is not received by the final artwork deadline, the publisher reserves the right to insert what is, in its opinion, the most appropriate copy.
14. The publisher reserves the right to include a thin border around any artwork which is submitted without a clearly defined edge or which uses a white frame box.
15. Artwork must not include the word 'Attain' as a shortcut URL, reference or code. The publisher reserves the right to exclude any artwork which uses the 'Attain' name in its design.
16. These terms and conditions and any other terms of the contract between the publisher and the advertiser shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.