14th October 2020 — Leehurst Swan School gets to star on the brand new MONOPOLY game for Salisbury, which is now available in the shops. Today’s ‘Big Reveal’ of the official game – the MONOPOLY: Salisbury Edition - sees:
* Leehurst Swan featuring on their very own MONOPOLY space. The school gets to appear on the top green square, which is Bond Street in the classic game’s original.
* Salisbury Cathedral named on the highest ranking piece of MONOPOLY prime estate, Mayfair.
* Other landmarks that get to star on the board include Stonehenge, The Guildhall, Old Sarum, Salisbury Museum, Arundells and Charter Market.
* The four train stations from the original board take on a ‘travel’ theme.
* Three leading Salisbury charities each get to land on the game’s three Community Chest squares.
The board has been produced by Winning Moves UK, under official license from the MONOPOLY brand, owned by Hasbro. George Shrimpton, Custom Games Executive at Winning Moves UK, says: “The game features the great and good of the city. It’s in effect .. A Love Letter to Salisbury!”
As well as ALL of the squares like Mayfair and Park Lane being exclusively Salisbury landmarks and addresses, most of the Chance and Community Chest cards are themed too. One card even sends players to the famous MONOPOLY jail for spilling coffee over Salisbury Cathedral’s priceless original copy of the Magna Carta.
Head Terence Ayres remarked, "We are incredibly proud to be included on the Salisbury Monopoly board. Leehurst Swan School is often described as Salisbury’s ‘best kept secret’ and we thrilled that our outstanding history of educating boys and girls from 4 to 16 over the last 100 years has been recognised by Winning Moves."