2020 marks an important milestone in the history of Eagle House as the school celebrates its 200th birthday.
Eagle House began in Brook Green, Hammersmith founded in 1820 by Joseph Railton. Edward Huntingford, the third headmaster, moved the school to a beautiful Jacobean house on Wimbledon Village High Street in 1860 and then in 1886 Dr Arthur Malan moved the school to Sandhurst where it stands today.
2020 marks the school's bicentenary and they are proud to be one of the oldest independent preparatory schools in the country. A year of celebrations began with a service of thanksgiving at Guildford Cathedral. Pupils, staff, alumni, governors and friends gathered together in a wonderful service that included a specially written anthem, The Eagle, composed by James McCarthy. The Dean of Guildford gave the address and choir and orchestra lit up the cathedral, joined by the congregation for several rousing hymns.
2020 will see a host of events taking place at Eagle House but this was an impressive start to this important year.