HMC Co-educational 3—18
830 Pupil Day School
Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Groundsperson responsible for the maintenance
of sports pitches, amenity surfaces and grounds of the School.
The applicant should be passionate and committed to deliver through a small team the highest standard of ground maintenance, ensuring the long-term maintenance and sustainability of the grounds.
Flexibility is key for this seasonally focused role, as is experience in the preparation and maintenance of cricket pitches. An NVQ level 2 Sports Turf qualification or similar is preferable.
Salary: £19,770 per annum
Hours: 37.5 h p/w, Monday to Friday from 07:00 – 15:30 with (including
weekends as required).This includes 1-hour daily unpaid break.
Further details and application form may be downloaded from our website
Please can interested applicants complete the application form and return it, along with a covering letter, to Lulu Corrigan, HR Manager, Wellingborough School, London Road, Wellingborough. NN8 2BX. Applications by e-mail are welcome. Please send them to email@example.com.
(Other forms of applications will not be accepted)
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon on Friday 14th February 2020
Interviews will take place on Thursday, 20th February 2020
Wellingborough School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post.
Wellingborough School is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 07:00 – 15:30 including 1 hours daily unpaid break (including weekends as required)
Salary: £19,770 per annum
Summary of the role:
Preparation and Maintenance of the Sports Playing Surfaces, in particular cricket facilities, and General Estate duties to the required standard for the benefit of the pupils and visitors. Duties as directed by the Estates Bursar and Grounds Supervisor.
• Cricket duties including; wicket preparation, renovations, maintenance & rolling.
• Mowing (hand & ride on), aerating, scarifying and fertilising.
• Line marking – initial set up and re-marking.
• Winter sports pitch preparation and maintenance. (including synthetic pitches)
• Leaf clearing, litter picking and debris clearing.
• Goal post erection, dismantling and storage.
• Setting up other sports facilities such as; netball, tennis, hockey and athletics.
1. Snow clearing (out–of–hours if needed), salt spreading and car parking as required.
2. Working school events such as Open Days, Family of Schools Day, Fireworks night, Summer Ball and essential overtime such as evening/weekend cover when required.
3. Work on the gardens if required.