The Teaching Assistant has responsibility for the safety, welfare and supervision of the children in Year 2 under the direction of the Head of PrePrep and Deputy Head.
• To work with pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and develop.
• To understand the individual needs of children.
• To work within an agreed structure with groups/sets of children and to take responsibility for their learning.
• To work within an agreed structure together with staff to develop lessons ensuring differentiation and an effective learning environment.
• Assist with the teaching of extension and reinforcement activities within classes as directed.
• Determine need for, select and prepare the use of resources necessary to support learning activities, taking into account pupil’s interests, language and cultural backgrounds.
• To read with individual children and groups and complete reading records as directed.
• To plan for and deliver targeted small group sessions outside of lessons.