Applications are welcomed from enthusiastic Mandarin Teaching Assistants to work within this highly successful and expanding department.
A knowledge of Chinese History (in English) would be an advantage but is not considered essential as would some experience of the Pre-U Mandarin Principal Course examinations.
The ability to read simplified and traditional characters and teach bilingual students from Hong Kong would be an advantage.
A willingness to learn new skills and the ability to develop resources for conversation lessons is desirable.
About the School
Established in 1893, the school is set in leafy, tranquil grounds close to the heart of Putney and the River Thames. With already enviable facilities, the school is now embarking on the next exciting phase of its development.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools thus we can offer a variety of benefits such as:
• Competitive salaries and pay progression
• Access to extensive professional development opportunities
• Training grants for qualifications
• Generous pension schemes
• Free life assurance benefit
• A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
• Interest free loans for training, computer purchase and travel season ticket loans
• A Cycle to Work scheme
• Competitive terms and conditions of employment
A letter addressed to the Headmistress should be included with your application
Applications must be received by: 12.00 noon on Monday 30th November 2020
Interviews will take place on Friday 4th December 2020.
Putney High School is committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post.