The role requires you to have experience in managing a working team, and preferably, previous experience of working in a school or college environment. To have experience of (or the aptitude to) maintaining electronic maintenance records would be an advantage.
Proven maintenance experience is required and a recognised qualification in the building trade (carpentry, plumbing, electrician, general builder etc.) is preferable. Applicants must hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
● Ability to carry out maintenance and support tasks independently, while using initiative to find viable solutions to problems.
● This position is a hands on roll and will require the ability to lift, carry and move materials and work from heights.
● Ability to manage, motivate and develop the School’s maintenance team.
● An ability to react quickly and respond calmly to emergencies.
● Good verbal communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
● Good IT skills
● Able to plan preventative maintenance schedules
● Good organisational and planning skills
● Ability to identify, prioritise and deal with maintenance issues
● Diligent monitoring skills to ensure high quality of service and Health and Safety compliance
● Willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally in the role.
To apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically (as separate PDF documents in one email) the following to email@example.com by 6/11/2020
● A covering letter addressed to Ms C Cook, Head
● A completed Chandlings application form, with the names and details of at least two referees. One of the referees must be your current or most recent employer. If your current/most recent employment does/did not involve working with children, then the second referee should be the employer with whom you most recently worked with children. If you are or have been employed within a school, then one reference must be from the Head of your current school, or the last school at which you worked.
● A CV can be submitted as additional information
Interviews will be held between the 15/11/2020 and 20/11/2020.
Shortlisted applicants are advised that references will be taken up prior to interview.
For further information please look at the Job Description