Head of Modern Foreign Language
Full time, permanent role from September 2020 or January 2021
Competitive salary with accommodation or an allowance provided Located in Farnham Royal, South Buckinghamshire
Caldicott is one of the country’s most prestigious Independent Boarding and Day Preparatory Schools for Boys. We are a flourishing school with around 250 boys from 7 to 13 years old, with all boys boarding in the final two years. We deliver a first class education, sporting provision and a rich variety of music, drama, arts and extracurricular opportunities in a friendly and supportive working environment. The school is only twenty miles from central London in a beautiful location.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an able and inspiring teacher to lead our highly successful MFL Department. This full time position requires the ability to teach French comfortably beyond Key Stage 2, familiarity with the ISEB curriculum and an appetite for academic scholarship. An ability to teach other languages to the same level will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
• have the skills to be a dynamic, inspiring and empowering Head of Department with the ambition to be an active member of the school’s Academic Committee;
• be a strong team leader and builder who will model the vision and values of the school;
• demonstrate high levels of personal and professional accountability;
• lead on teaching and learning as well as team professional development;
• have a passion for languages and be keen to communicate this enthusiasm;
• have a strong academic background that would add to the school’s academic culture;
• be equally at home teaching those who find the subject hard and those who work at a level above their age group; and
• have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
As Independent School of the Year for Sporting Achievement, the more enthusiastic the candidate is about coaching team sport, the better.
All Year 7 & 8 either weekly or full board, so boarding is an important part of our culture and over 95% of boys leave at 13+ to the UK’s top boarding schools. The successful candidate must show a desire to play a full and active role, including contributions to pastoral care and extra-curricular activities.
Caldicott is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For application information visit our website: http://www.caldicott.com/EmploymentVacancies.aspx
Completed applications should be sent by email with a covering letter to the Headmaster, care of: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Monday 25th May 2020