Founded in 1824, since 2008 the School has been fully co-educational. A £6m development of new Nursery, Performing Art Centre and two astro-turf pitches have recently been completed following a £4.2m Science Centre in October 2006. 6th Form pupils opt for courses selected from Highers and A levels. Small class sizes, small year groups are key features. Mr Marco Longmore is the Rector and Mr Gavin Calder is the Headmaster of the Junior School.