Badminton Junior School is an IAPS for girls aged 3 to 11 in Bristol. We aim to educate the girls in our care, rather than simply teach them. Our main purpose is to encourage the girls to develop a love and passion for learning – an easy task when they are taught by such highly motivated, inspirational and genuinely interested teachers.
We have high expectations of both pupils and staff but this is tempered by an extremely supportive ethos which encompasses the whole school community; visitors to the school frequently comment about the friendliness of the Junior School.
Our small class sizes and excellent pastoral care ensure that every child reaches her true potential. The teaching staff carefully monitor each pupil’s progress and set achievable targets for the girls to attain. We encourage the girls to make the most of the many opportunities that the Junior School offers so that they can explore and develop their talents and interests. Our extra-curricular activities are many and varied and we consider them to be an integral part of the learning experience.
There is so much that I would like to share with you about the Junior School. If you would like to find out more it would be my pleasure to meet you in person and to show you around our wonderful school.
Emma Davies, Head of the Junior School
Parents are advised to register as early as possible as girls are normally assessed in the 12 months prior to entry. However, we are aware that this is not always possible and we would be happy to accept registration closer to the start date if necessary.
We encourage prospective parents and pupils to visit the school individually or on one of our open mornings, the dates of which can be found on our website, www.badmintonschool.co.uk. Please contact the Admissions Department to make an appointment to visit the School and meet the Headmistress.
The usual entry procedure into the Junior School is as follows:
• Visit to the school and a meet with the Head of the Junior School
• Completion and return of the registration form with the non-refundable registration fee (£100)
• Your daughter will be invited to attend a Taster Day where she can ‘experience’ the School and meet girls in her year group, participate in lessons and get a feel for the Badminton community.
• Your daughter will then be assessed during an assessment day, where we will look at every aspect of her abilities in a relaxed environment. Little Acorns attend an informal assessment for one hour, Reception attend for a morning and Juniors attend for a day.
• Where appropriate, we will request a reference from her present school
• A place will be offered or declined
• Once the place had been accepted the full pack of joining instructions is sent