Set in 17 acres of beautiful, rural parkland, our school is part of a worldwide educational organisation, founded in Bordeaux in the 17th century by Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac. The Company of Mary Our Lady is the oldest recognised educational order, devoted to the teaching of girls and a belief in the unique contribution they make to society. We welcome families, of all faiths, who wish their daughters to grow spiritually, academically and socially in a dynamic, challenging yet caring environment.
Notre Dame School has:
- An environment which educates, including 17 acres of park lands, sports pitches, swimming pool, forest school area, treehouse, and dedicated specialist teaching rooms.
- A vibrant, bespoke humanities curriculum to develop thinking skills, moral foundation and knowledge.
- A wide range of co-curricular activities to enhance the educational experience.
- Highly-qualified teaching staff including subject specialists for music, PE, drama, Spanish, swimming, upper junior science, and dance.
- A friendly, vibrant, mixed-ability community of happy girls.
The discovery of self is especially important during the Prep years. We draw out individual talents, develop personal strengths and positively address weaknesses. This is undertaken both in class and in a wide range of internal clubs and workshops. The Prep at Notre Dame explores every facet of academic life and the school is especially proud of its strengths in drama, art, music, sport and languages. These are subjects at the very core of self-expression and you will find them enthusiastically carried through to the Senior, where they are taken to an even higher level.
Curriculum. The curriculum has breadth, depth and relevance. It is an enhanced version of the National Curriculum, strong in literacy and numeracy, and designed to provide a truly rounded, challenging preparatory education. The girls learn how to get the best from themselves and grow in motivation to excel, enjoy and achieve. The development of learning skills continues to be an important theme, as pupils tackle more advanced work. Knowing how to learn will forever remain one of life’s most valuable lessons. Social, sporting and leisure interests are also encouraged to blossom in an atmosphere of mutual cooperation. A comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities is offered, including: ballet, golf, Spanish,