The school occupies a beautiful Victorian house situated on the outskirts of Woking, which has been empathetically extended to offer spacious and functional accommodation, including purpose-built sports hall, library, art studio, dining room and Early years Department. The grounds include a netball/tennis court with a play and garden area and, to the rear of the property there is a separate adventure playground with a small pond and lawn area. Sports, such as cricket, football, hockey and swimming, take place off-site and many within walking distance from the school. The house was the former home of Miss Ruth Hicks, former headmistress from 1948 to 1982. Prior to that, the school occupied another site known as Denham House in Constitution Hill, Woking. Guildford archive records show that in 1935 the name was changed from Denham House to Greenfield School. Ruth Hicks and her second cousin, Joyce Pearce, were both teachers. Ruth Hicks was Deputy Head at the Woking Girls’ Grammar School and Joyce Pearce taught history at Mitcham Girls’ School. The school has an interesting history, the names of the four houses reflecting the history of the original owners of the properties bequeathed to the school - Ruth Hicks, Joyce Pearce, Henry Quartermaine and Thomas Jefferies.