Lunch is compulsory and is included in the fees. Fees are payable on or before the first day of each term by direct debit. The surcharge for late payment will be £15 per week, or part of a week, chargeable from the second day of term. Optional charges include School Fees Remission Scheme (1.5% of fee) and BUPA Schools Scheme (£70 per term).
Scholarships & Bursaries
The Downsend Scholarship Award Programme was established to recognise, celebrate and reward excellence from both current pupils and those wishing to join the school.
The programme aims to provide opportunities for children of high academic ability, outstanding conduct and good all round potential to achieve, and as such, we would expect that only children working towards the top end of their year group will apply.
Two categories of award will be available to Year 3 pupils in the Lower School: Academic & All-Rounder.
Four categories of award will be available to Year 6 pupils in the Upper School: Academic, All-Rounder, Music & Sport.
Further information is available on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you decide that Downsend is of interest to you, we have outlined below the key steps in our admissions process.
- Complete and return your registration form with the registration fee.
- Once you have registered, our Admissions Registrar will confirm exact details of our assessment procedure with you and invite your child to visit the school for an assessment. This will form part of a taster day with a class in your child's current year group.
- We shall make an offer of a place if we feel that Downsend is the right school for your child.
- To secure your child's place, simply complete and return the Acceptance of Place form, as soon as it is sent to you, together with the requested deposit
- We shall send you a Joining Pack, containing all the information you need, in plenty of time for your child to start school.
- As part of our induction process, we shall invite your child to spend the day with us prior to joining the school.
For your convenience, if you would like to start an online application and registration, simply click on the link below. If you are a new user, you will need to create an account. If you are a returning user, you can log on and continue with your existing application.
Sarah Concanon, our Admissions Registrar, is always available to answer any questions and to help guide you through the process. Alternatively, she is very happy to process your application offline. In both instances, you can contact her by email or by telephone on 01372 372311.
Visit https://pws.inresonance.com/school/downsend/index.php#login to register and submit an online application.