If you were to ask current parents why they chose Brighton College for their son or daughter, they would tell you that the children here are cheerful, balanced, at ease with themselves and each other - yet excited and enthused by the challenges before them. They might add that Brighton College succeeds in combining academic excellence with a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities, all underpinned by a deep commitment to the individual needs and enthusiasms of each child.
As Headmaster, I believe passionately in the importance of the individual. Every child at Brighton College is valued for his or her own sake, encouraged to develop his or her talents to the full in a community where there are no stereotypes and where every achievement, however small, is noticed.
Richard Cairns MA Oxon
The School's Aims
Brighton College seeks to impart or provide:
- a love of learning for its own sake;
- a foundation of knowledge and body of skills with which to understand and question the world we live in and to prepare us, through an innovative approach to education, for the world we are likely to inhabit in the future;
- an awareness of, and appreciation of, the spiritual dimension in our lives;
- an enthusiasm for the world beyond the classroom - in particular, sport, music and the performing arts;
- a respect for difference in others and a recognition that the efforts and achievements of every individual in our community are valued equally.
In short, we strive to turn out well-educated, tolerant and intellectually curious men and women who are ready to take a full, active and positive rôle in the life of our country and of our world.